Center Highlights - 3 Days
- Trvanie: 3 Dní (cca.)
- Kód produktu: LYA62
- Day 1: Welcome to Uluṟu (Ayers Rock) – Kata Tjuṯa (the Olgas) Sunset
- Day 2: Uluṟu Sunrise & Kata Tjuṯa – Uluṟu Base Tour & Sunset – Barbecue Dinner
- Day 3: Kings Canyon – Farewell from Alice Springs
On arrival at Ayers Rock Airport you will be transferred to the resort (flights to arrive prior to 3.00pm).
This afternoon enjoy a leisurely drive out to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Along the way your Driver Guide will explain the geological and cultural history of the area. Admire the view of the central valley of the domes of Kata Tjuta while you take in a magnificent outback sunset with gourmet canapés and Australian wine.
Hotel: Outback Pioneer Hotel (Budget), Desert Gardens Hotel (Standard) or Sails in the Desert Hotel (Superior), Ayers Rock Resort, 2 nights.
Rise early to watch the gorgeous sunrise at Uluru then travel to the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). On the way enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta before arriving at the base of Walpa Gorge. Spend time exploring the gorge and the unusual conglomerate rock formations. The walking trail through Walpa Gorge follows the natural creek bed between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta.
This afternoon join your guide for a drive around the base of Uluru then travel to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Here view Aboriginal rock art and learn about the area as your Driver Guide points out native flora and fauna and explains the history of Uluru. After a visit to the cultural centre you’ll head to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness the striking colour changes of Uluru, while enjoying sparkling wine and nibbles. Travel to our exclusive venue to enjoy our delicious award-winning barbecue dinner and stargazing (weather permitting). Enjoy sparkling wine on arrival and dine on a meal of steak, lamb sausages, skewered chicken, garlic prawns and a selection of fresh salads and a tasty dessert. All accompanied by a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks.
Included Meals: Dinner
Rise early for your drive through sandhill country towards Kings Canyon, stopping for a breakfast at Kings Creek Station. Climb to the rim of the canyon for marvellous views of Watarrka National Park (for those with a good level of fitness). Alternatively, enjoy a more leisurely 1.5 hour walk along the boulderstrewn creek bed. This afternoon travel on to Alice Springs.
Included Meals: Breakfast
As this holiday concludes after 7.00pm, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the night.
3 Day Short Break
Daily 90 minutes prior to sunset from Ayers Rock Resort
7.00pm (Oct-Mar) and
7.30pm (Apr-Sep), Alice Springs
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park Ticket
- Breakfast (1)
- Dinner (1)
- Experienced Driver Guides
- Detailed and informative commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Return airport transfers- flight details to be provided 45 days prior to travel
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle to hold 3 litres
- Jacket in the cooler months
Low to moderate level of fitness required:
- Uluru: Low level of fitness required. The Kuniya Walk is approximately 1 hour gentle walk on flat ground.
- Kata Tjuta: Moderate level of fitness required. Walking on uneven surface required to complete Walpa Gorge walk, however, guests can return to the coach at any time if needed.
- Kings Canyon: Good level of fitness required for three hour walk around the canyon’s rim.
Or low to moderate level of fitness required for the canyon creek bed walk.