Red Center Experience - 3 Days
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: L-AY46
- Day 1: Alice Springs – Uluṟu (Ayers Rock) Base Tour & Sunset
- Day 2: Uluṟu Sunrise – Kata Tjuṯa (the Olgas) – Sounds of Silence Dinner
- Day 3: Farewell from Uluṟu (Ayers Rock)
Note: As this Short Break departs at 7.00am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
Travelling south you’ll stop to visit a camel farm where there is time for a short camel ride (own expense). Later stop to view Atila (Mt. Conner) often mistaken for Uluru, before arriving at Ayers Rock Resort.
This afternoon, join your Driver Guide for a drive around the base of Uluru. Continue to the Kuniya Walk, where you will be guided to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. This waterhole was a key source of water for the Aboriginal people in the area and had been in use for many thousands of years. See Aboriginal rock art and hear about the Aboriginal and European history of the area. Visit the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. It houses an amazing collection of original paintings and punu (woodwork) that provide an insight into the unique and spiritual culture of the Anangu people, the traditional custodians of Uluru. Late afternoon, travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness and photograph the striking colour changes of Uluru at sunset while enjoying nibbles and sparkling wine.
Hotel: Outback Pioneer Hotel (Budget), Desert Gardens Hotel (Standard) or Sails in the Desert Hotel (Superior), Ayers Rock Resort, 2 nights.
Rise early and travel to the Uluru sunrise viewing area to watch the first rays of the sun set the Red Centre alight. Later, continue to the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Walk through Walpa Gorge, where the trail follows the natural creek bed between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta.
This evening dine under a millions stars at the Sounds of Silence Dinner. Enjoy a gourmet buffet of Australian delicacies accompanied by fine Australian wines, then sit back and relax as a startalker takes you on a tour of the southern night sky (weather conditions permitting).
Included Meals: Dinner
Your short break concludes this morning at Ayers Rock Resort. You will be transferred to Ayers Rock Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
3 Day Short Break
Daily, 7.00am from Alice Springs
Morning of Day 3, Ayers Rock Resort
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park Ticket
- Dinner (1)
- Experienced Driver Guides
- Detailed and informative commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Return airport transfers- flight details to be provided 45 days prior to travel
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Jacket in the cooler months
Low to moderate level of fitness required:
- Uluru: Low level of fitness required. The Kuniya Walk is approximately 1 hour gentle walk on flat ground.
- Kata Tjuta: Moderate level of fitness required. Walking on uneven surface required to complete Walpa Gorge walk, however, guests can return to the coach at any time is needed.
The above prices are the starting prices and only applicable during off seasons. Surcharges are applied for travel between 1/12 to 28/2, during any festival (like Chinese New Year etc), cruise arrival time and on School and Public Holidays in Australia due to the increase in accommodation cost. So contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org before you book to get the right price.