Kings Canyon with Outback Panoramas
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: Y19Y20
• Depart early this morning for the drive to Kings Canyon
• Stop for a cooked breakfast at Kings Creek Station
• For the more adventurous, join your Guide for a hike to the top of Kings Canyon and 6 kms walk along the Rim – learn about the history and geology of the region as well as the flora and fauna found in the area
• Visit the Garden of Eden – a permanent water source in the George Gill Range (swimming not permitted) and enjoy spectacular views across Watarrka National Park and into the Canyon itself
• Or take the leisurely Creek Bed Walk with your Driver Guide. Learn about the history and geology of the area, and the local flora and fauna including the MacDonnell Ranges Cycad
• If choosing the Creek Bed Walk there’s time for a scenic helicopter flight (own expense) or a cool off in the pool at Kings Canyon Resort
• Time out for lunch at Kings Canyon Resort (own expense)
• On the return journey, your Driver Guide will explain the history of the surrounding cattle stations and other points of interest
The Rim Walk is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The climb up a 100-metre cliff face reveals views of sandstone walls, grottos, chasms and cliffs. Or, for something more relaxing, set off on a two-kilometre stroll along the creek bed that leads to impressive views of the canyon rim.
Please Note: This tour departs from and returns to Uluru. For tour departing Uluru and finishing in Alice Springs please visit the Kings Canyon - Alice Springs - Ayers Rock Transfers
option of this tour.
Daily 4.00am (Oct-Mar) and 4.30am (Apr-Sep) from Ayers Rock Resort
5.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 5.30pm (Apr-Sep) to Ayers Rock Resort
Note: If you wish to finish this tour in Alice Springs, please visit the Kings Canyon to Alice Springs option of this tour.