Puffing Billy & Penguin Parade
- Duration : 15 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Phillip Island
- Product code : L322P
Rainforests, colourful birds, quaint villages in the hills and a ride on an old steam train affectionately called 'Puffing Billy' makes up your morning with Gray Line. Enjoy an Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with our compliments in the Dandenong Ranges National Park and spend time in beautiful Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques. In the afternoon, re-join the coach for your native wildlife experience of spotting koalas in their natural habitat at Koala Conservation Centre and seeing the Penguin Parade at sunset on Summerland Beach at Phillip Island.
- Tour departs Federation Square at 8.10am
- Travel through the Dandenong Ranges National Park with its towering mountain ash forest, traditional gardens and home to the lyrebird
- Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- See colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots (opportunity to hand feed) at Grant's Picnic Ground
- Enjoy morning tea Aussie style with a Bush Billy tea and the chance to sample some Aussie food favourites - lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass numerous quaint villages noted for their cafes, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Stop and explore Sassafras, home to a range of local crafts and antiques
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 1.00pm approx.
- Tour departs Federation Square at 1.15pm
- San Remo - maritime fishing village and gateway to Phillip Island
- Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
- Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters and Little Penguins
- Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from the tree top boardwalks
- Witness the natural phenomena of the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach from the general viewing area
- A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season)
- Tour returns to Federation Square at 9.00pm - 11.30pm approx. (seasonal)
Returns: 9.00pm - 11.30pm (dependant on season)
Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers, historic steam train ride, meeting wallabies/kangaroos, Koala Conservation Centre, Penguin Parade with Penguins Plus premium viewing and free Wi-Fi on coach and at Penguin Parade
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as nights can be cold on the island in any season. The Penguin Parade is a natural phenomenon taking place in the open outdoors.
There is limited time for lunch in between the tours. We suggest you make a purchase during your visit in Sassafras (on the morning tour) to take with you on the coach. The morning tour concludes at Federation Square at approximately 1.00pm. The afternoon tour then departs at 1.15pm with the next opportunity to purchase food at approximately 3.00pm during the stop at Churchill Island.